The American Martial Arts Institute offers special programs throughout the year.
Special Programs and Instructional classes in addition
to our regular martial arts classes:
Women's Self-Defense and Physical Fitness Course contains:
- Basic defense information.
- Basic Stretching.
- Self-Defense Techniques: Skills in escaping or neutralizing
straight across, wrist grab, cross wrist grab, lapel grab and
rear grab including a bear hug. Also the use of come alongs, the
use of items within reach and the awareness of striking areas.
- The course also includes take downs and practical application
against a fully padded attacker.
- The program concludes with a question and answer segment.
Tot Awareness for the 3, 4 and 5 year old boys and
- Introduction to the martial arts as a use of the mind more than
of the hands and feet.
- Covering the ten tips for tots as detailed in the "Be Safe Physically and Mentally with the Crandall System " by Eric Stalloch and Clifford C. Crandall Jr.
- Teaches awareness of strangers by clarifying wo to consider
- The importantce of keeping one's parents informed of what has
happened or where you are planning to be.
- The use of volunteers from the group to participate in techniques
demonstrated, such as a center kick and the circular arm breakaway.
- A question and answer period concludes the program with prizes
given out to the boys and girls that know the answers.
Throughout this program parents are given pointers
which will help them reinforce the information given in the program
when they get home. A handout sheet and coloring book are given out
to each child regarding the staged skits and demonstrations of information
What if I have more questions?
Contact Us here and speak with one of our instructors.